A degree in research
IIT gives the opportunity to graduate students to earn a doctorate degree in its state-of-the-art laboratories and facilities. PhD students can develop their research programme within IIT scientific activity, working every day in IIT laboratories, collaborating with cross-disciplinary scientific teams and attending seminars and specific courses.
The PhD courses arise from a close collaboration between IIT and Italian Universities.
Italian Universities are responsible for the organizational and training aspects, and for the awarding of the final degree, whereas IIT supports PhD scholarships and plans the scientific activity.
These pages list the PhD positions available; since the PhD is enrolled in a University, all applicants must refer to the University web site, through the link provided for every position, for the procedures necessary to apply.
Research themes for the call for application to PhD Courses established in agreement with the Università degli Studi di Genova, XXXII cycle
List of the research themes for all curricula established with Università degli Studi di Genova.
To apply, refer to the University website: official call for application and check the "Tips & tricks" section below for suggestions.
Deadline: June 10th 2016
UPDATE [31st may]: The IIT and the University of Genova have agreed to update the call as follows:
1. PhD Course in Neuroscience, Curriculum "Neuroscience e Neurotechnologies" (code 6198): One new position with scholarship - please check the list of themes for Neuroscience with the relevant new theme.
2. PhD Course in Bioengineering and Robotics, curriculum "Bionantechnologies” (code 6140): Two new positions with scholarship - please check the list of themes for Bioengineering and Robotics with the relevant new theme.
3. PhD Course in Science and technologies of Chemistry and Materials, curriculum “Nanochemistry” (code 6203): One position without scholarship, associated to the research project ERC "ICARO", becomes a full position with scholarship.
Dear prospective applicant,
Thank you for your interest in the PhD course jointly offered by the University of Genoa and the Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia (Italian Institute of Technology, IIT). If have got this far then please read on to prepare the best possible application and increase your chances of getting a position in our world class research facility. This is an unofficial tip & tricks section to help you through the application process with relative ease. We want to help you select the PhD theme and course that best fits your interest. It is an important choice for your future career. Please spend some time thinking about it and feel free to contact us to get more information. A caveat, "us" means here the researcher responsible a specific PhD position/theme. They are all indicated (with contact emails) later in the documents.
Please bear in mind this fundamental element: PhD is awarded by the University, which therefore has the duty of verifying that all aspects for a PhD application and candidature are in order. Once enrolled, all research activities and most of the training will be offered by and at IIT, which therefore shares with the University the organizational aspects of the course.
In order to apply for a position, please consider carefully:
- Your CV
- A scanned copy of your ID (identification document, such as your passport)
- Your academic degrees, with extended description of your thesis (where available)
- A transcript of your courses and exams for each degree (bachelor, master's, etc.)
- You will also have to prepare a short scientific analysis of the project you may want to develop during your PhD starting from the synopses offered (the resarch themes mentioned earlier). This is important! Check the template by following pdf this link (PDF) (45 KB) .
- Finally, a declaration of truthfulness about all the documents your are filing. The Draft of this declaration will be offered during the registration process in order to be filled and submitted (it involves printing and scanning)
- Curriculum “Bioengineering and Bioelectronics” (code 6138) [1 position]:
Research Themes: pdf PhD Program in BioRob Bioengineering and Bioelectronics 2016 32o Ciclo (747 KB)
- Curriculum “Bionantechnologies” (code 6140) [6 positions]:
Research Themes: pdf PhD Program in BioRob Bionanotech 2016 32o Ciclo (490 KB)
- Curriculum "Advanced and humanoid Robotics" (code 6141) [11 positions]:
Research Themes: pdf PhD Program in BioRob Advanced and Humanoid Robotics 2016 32o Ciclo (899 KB)
- Curriculum “Cognitive Robotics, interaction and rehabilitation technologies” (Code 6142) [8 positions]:
Research Themes: pdf PhD Program in BioRob Cognitive Robotics 2016 (224 KB)
- NEW Curriculum “Bionantechnologies” (code 6140) [2 positions]:
Research Themes: pdf UNIGE XXXII BIONANTECHNOLOGIES THEME for Nanotechnology for Precision Medicine (296 KB)
- Curriculum "Neuroscience e Neurotechnologies" (code 6198) [14 positions]:
Research Themes: pdf Abstract progetti XXXII ciclo neuroscience (399 KB)
- NEW Curriculum "Neuroscience e Neurotechnologies" (code 6198) added a new position
Research Theme: Abstract progetti XXXII ciclo neuroscience new position 15
Course in “Science and technologies of Chemistry and materials
- Curriculum “Drug discovery and Nanobiotechnologies” (Code 6204) [4 positions]:
Research Themes: pdf ResearchThemes DD and Nanobiote (295 KB)
- Curriculum “Nanochemistry” (code 6203) [9 positions]:
Research Themes: pdf XXXII cyclce PhD Nanochemistry apertura bando IM (321 KB)
Course in Science and technologies for electronic and telecommunication engineering
- Curriculum "Computational vision, automatic recognition and learning" (code 6213) [7 positions]:
Research Themes: pdf ResearchThemes IIT PAVIS (317 KB)
Course in Physics
- Course in physics (code 6158) [5 positions]:
Research Themes are described in the excerpt of the official call: pdf Appendix.A.XXXII_PHSYICS.pdf (217 KB)