- Colloidal chemical synthesis and assembly of inorganic nanomaterials for solar energy harnessing, thermoelectric, catalysis and photothermal applications.
- Chemical and structural transformations in nanoscale materials and their surface characteristics.
- Optical characteristics and electronic structure-property correlation of metal and semiconductor nanostructures.
|2007-2011||PhD, Indian Institute of Science (Chemical Sciences), Bangalore, India|
|Synthesis and chemical manipulation schemes for inorganic and carbon nanostructures, Separation
of metallic and semiconducting carbon nanotubes, Spectroscopic investigations of plasmonics in
ReO3 and charge transfer interactions in graphene and carbon nanotubes
|2004-2007||MS, Indian Institute of Science (Chemical Sciences), Bangalore, India|
|Synthesis of metal and semiconductor nanostructures (Ni, Ru, Ir, ReO3, TiO2, ZnO etc)
Subjects - solid state chemistry, electron microscopy, symmetry and structure of the solid state,
electronic properties of solids, molecular spectroscopy, computational chemistry, quantum chemistry
and statistical mechanics, polymer chemistry, electronics for chemists (apart from inorganic, organic
and physical chem.)
|2001-2004||BSc, Chemistry (Hons.), Jadavpur University (Chemistry Department), Kolkata, India|
|Major in Chemistry (Inorganic, Organic and Physical), Subsidiary subjects: Physics and Mathematics|
|Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia, Genoa, Italy|
|2011-2012||Research Associate, Solid State and Structural Chemistry Unit (SSCU),|
|Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India|
|2009-2010||International Joint Graduate School Fellow, Functional Thin Films Group,|
|Organic Nanomaterials Centre, National Institute of Materials Science, Tsukuba, Japan|
- Active referee for international journals of repute: ChemComm, CrystEngComm, RSC Advances, PCCP, J. Mater. Chem. and New J. Chem.
- Laboratory Teaching Assistant for a class of 10 undergraduate students (summers of 2008, 2010 and 2011). Included classroom teaching (20 h) and mentoring one student each term.
|Researchgate profile: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Sandeep_Ghosh|
|Google scholar profile: https://goo.gl/33gcff|
15. Sandeep Ghosh, Tommaso Avellini, Alessia Petrelli, Ilka Kriegel, Roberto Gaspari, Guilherme Almeida, Giovanni Bertoni, Andrea Cavalli, Francesco Scotognella, Teresa Pellegrino, and Liberao Manna; Colloidal CuFeS2 Nanocrystals: Intermediate Fe d-Band Leads to High Photothermal Conversion Efficiency. Chem. Mater., 2016, DOI: 10.1021/acs.chemmater.6b02192 URL: http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/acs.chemmater.6b02192
14. Alberto Casu, Alessandro Genovese, Liberato Manna, Paolo Longo, Joka Buha, Gianluigi A. Botton, Sorin Lazar, Mousumi Upadhyay Kahali, Udo Schwingenschloegl, Mirko Prato, Hongbo Li, Sandeep Ghosh, Francisco Palazon, Francesco de Donato, Sergio Lentijo Mozo, Efisio Zuddas, and Andrea Falqui; Cu2Se and Cu Nanocrystals as Local Sources of Copper in Thermally Activated In Situ Cation Exchange. ACS Nano, 2016, 10 (2), 2406–2414 URL: http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/acsnano.5b07219
13. Karol Miszta, Graziella Gariano, Rosaria Brescia, Sergio Marras, Francesco De Donato, Sandeep Ghosh, Luca De Trizio, and Liberato Manna; Selective Cation Exchange in the Core Region of Cu2-xSe/Cu2-xS Core/Shell Nanocrystals. J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2015, 137 (38), 12195–12198 URL: http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/jacs.5b06379
12. Sandeep Ghosh, Roberto Gaspari, Giovanni Bertoni, Maria Chiara Spadaro, Mirko Prato, Stuart Turner, Andrea Cavalli, Liberato Manna and Rosaria Brescia; Pyramid-Shaped Wurtzite CdSe Nanocrystals with Inverted Polarity. ACS Nano, 2015, 9 (8), 8537–8546 URL: http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/acsnano.5b03636
11. Karol Miszta, Rosaria Brescia, Mirko Prato, Giovanni Bertoni, Sergio Marras, Yi Xie, Sandeep Ghosh, Mee Rahn Kim and Liberato Manna; Hollow and Concave Nanoparticles via Preferential Oxidation of the Core in Colloidal Core/Shell Nanocrystals. J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2014, 136 (25), 9061–9069. URL: http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/ja5032634
10. Yi Xie, Andreas Riedinger, Mirko Prato, Alberto Casu, Alessandro Genovese, Pablo Guardia, Silvia Sottini, Claudio Sangregorio, Karol Miszta, Sandeep Ghosh, Teresa Pellegrino and Liberato Manna; Copper Sulfide Nanocrystals with Tunable Composition by Reduction of Covellite Nanocrystals with Cu+ Ions. J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2013, 135 (46), 17630–17637. URL: http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/ja409754v
9. Sandeep Ghosh, S R K C Sharma Yamijala, Swapan K Pati and C N R Rao; The interaction of halogen molecules with SWNTs and graphene. RSC Advances, 2012, 2, 1181-1188. URL: http://pubs.rsc.org/en/Content/ArticleLanding/2012/RA/c1ra00295c#!divAbstract
8. Quigen Zhang, Sandeep Ghosh, Sadaki Samitsu, Xinsheng Peng, Izumi Ichinose; Ultrathin freestanding nanoporous membranes prepared from polystyrene nanoparticles. J. Mater. Chem., 2011, 21, 1684-1688. URL: http://pubs.rsc.org/en/Content/ArticleLanding/2011/JM/c0jm03334k#!divAbstract
7. Urmimala Maitra, Sandeep Ghosh, Kanishka Biswas and C N R Rao; Scaling behavior of Plasmon coupling in Au and ReO3 Nanoparticles incorporated in Polymer Matrices. physica status solidi (RRL) – Rapid Research Letters, 2010, 4 (7), 169-171. URL: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/pssr.201004150/abstract
6. Rakesh Voggu, Sandeep Ghosh, A Govindaraj and C N R Rao; New Strategies for the Enrichment of Metallic Single-Walled Carbon Nanotubes. J. Nanosci. Nanotech., 2010, 10 (6), 4102-4108. URL: http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/asp/jnn/2010/00000010/00000006/art00060?crawler=true
5. Neenu Varghese, Anupama Ghosh, Rakesh Voggu, Sandeep Ghosh and C N R Rao; Selectivity in the Interaction of Electron Donor and Acceptor Molecules with Graphene and Single-Walled Carbon Nanotubes. J. Phys. Chem. C, 2009, 113 (39), 16855-16859. URL: http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/jp9075355
4. Sandeep Ghosh and C N R Rao; Separation of Metallic and Semiconducting Single-Walled Carbon Nanotubes Through Fluorous Chemistry. Nano Res., 2009, 2(3), 183-191. URL: http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs12274-009-9016-9
3. Sandeep Ghosh, A Gomathi and C N R Rao; Stable Dispersions of Metal Oxide Nanowires and Nanoparticles in Water, Dimethylformamide and Toluene. J. Nanosci. Nanotech., 2009, 9 (9), 5214-5222. URL: http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/asp/jnn/2009/00000009/00000009/art00017?token=005614bee481383a4b3b25702e7b755f7a384d2c74675d2a726e2d58464340592f3f3b5749d30b6e92ca5b
2. Sandeep Ghosh, Kanishka Biswas and C N R Rao; Core–shell nanoparticles based on an oxide metal: ReO3@Au (Ag) and ReO3@SiO2 (TiO2). J. Mater. Chem., 2007, 17 (23), 2412-2417. URL: http://pubs.rsc.org/en/Content/ArticleLanding/2007/JM/B701137G#!divAbstract
1. Sandeep Ghosh, Moumita Ghosh and C N R Rao; Nanocrystals, Nanorods and other Nanostructures of Nickel, Ruthenium, Rhodium and Iridium prepared by a Simple Solvothermal Procedure. J. Clust. Sci., 2007, 18 (1), 97-111. URL: http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs10876-006-0085-6
1. Izumi Ichinose, Xinsheng Peng, Sandeep Ghosh and Qifeng Wang; Filter and Method for Producing the same. WO 2011/016478 A1, Japan.
2. Izumi Ichinose, Xinsheng Peng, Sandeep Ghosh and Qifeng Wang; Process for fabricating membrane filters, and membrane filters. US 2012/0097603 A1, US.
3. Izumi Ichinose, Xinsheng Peng, Sandeep Ghosh and Qifeng Wang; Filter and Method for Producing the same. EP 2463018 A1, European Union.
Conference presentations and invited lectures
9. Colloidal Chalcopyrite (CuFeS2) Nanocrystals for Photothermal Therapy, MRS Spring Meeting, Phoenix, Arizona, USA (March 28 – April 1, 2016).
8. Chloride Assisted Synthesis of Pyramid-Shaped Wurtzite CdSe Nanocrystals with Inverted Crystal Polarity, Applied Nanotechnology and Nanoscience International Conference (ANNIC), Paris, France (Nov 5 – 7, 2015).
7. Chloride ion assisted colloidal synthesis of CdSe nanopyramids, National Conference on Nano Chemistry, Allahabad, India (Nov 11 – 12, 2014).
6. Chemical Doping of Carbon Nanomaterials by Diatomic Halogen Molecules, SSCU Unit Day, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India, Nov (2010).
5. Molecular Gastronomy: A scientific look at cooking, SSCU departmental seminar, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India, March (2010).
4. A general method of fabricating ultrathin free- standing cross-linked polymer films and their use as separation membranes thereof: An Application of Nanomaterials, SSCU Unit Day, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India, Feb (2010).
3. Field Effect Transistors Based on One Dimensional Metal Oxide Nanostructures, SSCU departmental seminar, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India, October (2008).
2. Near-pure Metallic and Semiconducting Single-Walled Carbon Nanotubes through Fluorous Chemistry, International Conference on Smart Materials-Smart/Intelligent Materials and Nano Technology & 2nd International Workshop on Functional Materials and Nanomaterials (SmartMat-’08 & IWOFM-2), Chiang Mai, Thailand, April (2008).
1. Sandeep Ghosh, Andrew Malcolm, Heng-xing Ji, Naoka Nagamura, Kohei Miyazaki, Shinya Ikeda, Lawrence Madriaga, Nguyen Thanh Ngoc; Solving the Challenges of Collaborative Research, First Hope Meeting-Nanoscience and Nanotechnology theme, Tsukuba, Japan, Feb (2008)
1. International Joint Graduate School Fellowship, National Institute of Materials Science, Tsukuba, Japan; 2009
2. Junior Research Fellowship awarded by CSIR-UGC, through National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by Council of Scientific Industrial Research (CSIR) and University Grants Commission (UGC) jointly; 2006
3. Ranked All India 3rd in Integrated PhD fellowship examination, Fellowship for pursuing MS and PhD in Chemical Sciences, Indian Institute of Science; 2004
4. Ranked All India 9th in Indian Institute of Technology Joint Admission Test to MSc (IITJAM), competitive examination for studying MSc in the IITs (Indian Institute of Technology); 2004