The iRNA@IIT is organized in 7 Work Packages (WPs) with specific objectives and deliverables.
- WP1 (Leader: Irene Bozzoni) “non-coding RNA discovery: biological questions and new RNA therapeutics”, focusing on the discovery of new ncRNAs, unveiling their roles in answering precise biological questions of interest and identifying potential RNA drugs and drugs targets. The contexts are the development, physiology and disease of the central nervous system and cancer progression.
- WP2 (Leader: Francesco Nicassio) “New technological platforms”, prioritizes the establishment and improvement of technological platforms to study RNAs at genomic and structural levels, with strong emphasis to ncRNAs.
- WP3 (Leader: Andrea Cavalli) “Towards RNA medicine: computational approaches”, centered on developing and applying computational methods to predict and describe RNA secondary structures and their protein interaction networks.
- WP4 (Leader: Giuseppe Vicidomini) “Towards RNA medicine: imaging”, aims to develop technologies for RNA imaging (structural and functional) by leveraging super- resolution microscopy, label-free microscopy, and time-resolved spectroscopy.
- WP5 (Leader: Gian Gaetano Tartaglia) “Towards RNA medicine: post-transcriptional modifications and chemical synthesis”, focuses on the identification and study of RNA post-transcriptional modifications.
- WP6 (Leader: Nicola Tirelli) “Towards RNA medicine: from delivery to manufacturing”, has as main goal to streamline the development of RNA drugs.
- WP7 (Leader: Stefano Gustincich) “Management, implementation, technological transfer and dissemination”, aimed at managing and disseminating The RNA Initiative.