Research activities of the HR2 laboratory can be divided into two broad categories, i.e. Modelling and analysis of the human physical interaction behavior, and Human in the loop robot planning and control. While the first line of research investigates for reliable and intuitive human-robot interfaces relying on or inspired by the human motor functionalities, the latter aims at the achievement of the enhanced human-robot-environment physical interaction performances.
Fore more info please visit:HRI.IIT.IT
- WALKMAN - Whole-body Adaptive Locomotion and Manipulation (FP7-ICT-2013-10) http://www.walk-man.eu/
- SOMA - SOft-embodied intelligent MAnipulation (H2020 EU 188.8.131.52) http://soma-project.eu/
- SoftPro- Synergy-based Open-source Foundations and Technologies for Prosthetics and RehabilitatiOn (H2020 - 2016) http://www.softpro.eu/
HRI2 laboratory establishes close collaborations with several IIT internal laboratories such as
- Humanoids and Human Cantered Mechatronics Lab (Dr. N. Tsagarakis)
- Soft Robotics for Human Cooperation and Rehabilitation Lab (Prof. A. Bicchi)
- iCub Facility (Prof. G. Metta)
- and other laboratories of the ADVR, coordinated by Prof. D. Caldwell
in addition to the external collaborations including
- Dipartimento di Elettronica, Informazione e Bioingegneria, Politecnico di Milano, Italy (Prof. P. Rocco and Dr. A. Zanchettin),
- Gepetto Team, LAAS, France (Prof. Michel TAÏX, Prof. Jean-Yves FOURQUET, Prof. Philippe FILLATREAU),
- The Neuroscience and Robotics Laboratory, Northwestern University, USA (Dr. Eric Schearer),
- School of Meachanical & Aerospace Engineering (MAE), Nanyang Technological University (NTU) (Prof. Lorenzo Masia),
- As well as collaborations and the fast-developing network within the consortium of the EU projects: Walkman, Softpro, Soma, and Wearhap.