Michele Garbugli was born in Urbino (Italy) on April 1983.
He graduated in Physical Engineering (Master degree) in 2007 with the thesis “Organic Photodiode for the Characterization of Ultrashort Pulses”.
In January 2008 he started his Ph.D. with fellowship in Physics at Dipartimento di Fisica of Politecnico di Milano (Italy), in the group of Prof. Guglielmo Lanzani. His PhD project consisted in the study and development of organic optoelectronic devices, based on photochromic materials and solution processable semiconductors. In January 2010 for 6 months he joined the Kam Sing Wong group at Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, where he worked on the fabrication of photochromic grating and characterization of luminescent compounds by means of time resolved spectroscopy. He obtained the Ph.D. in Physics in 2010 with the thesis “Organic Devices for Optoelectronics”.
From January 2011 till February 2012 he worked as a Post Doctoral researcher in Politecnico di Milano. He developed new-concept optoelectronic devices based on organic compounds, and organic solar cells.
From February 2012 he is appointed by the Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia at the Center for Nanoscience and Technology, in Milan. He is involved in a project on the development of a roll to roll printing process for the fabrication of organic solar cells.
- A hybrid solid-liquid polymer photodiode for the bio-environment
M. R. Antognazza, D. Grezzi, D. Musitelli, M. Garbugli and G. Lanzani, Appl. Phys. Lett., 94, 24,
- Multi-photon non-linear photocurrent in organic photodiodes
M. Garbugli, A. Gambetta, S. Schrader, T. Virgili and G. Lanzani, J. Mater. Chem., 19, 7551-7560
- Control of optical properties through photochromism: a promising approach to photonics
A. Bianco, S. Perissinotto, M. Garbugli, G. Lanzani, C. Bertarelli, Laser and Photonics Reviews, 5, 6, 711-736 (2011)
- Primary photo-events in a metastable photomerocyanine of spirooxazines
R. Sai Santosh Kumar, Larry Lüer, Dario Polli, Michele Garbugli, and Guglielmo Lanzani, Optical Materials Express, 1, 2, 293-304 (2011)
- Photoswitching of the Second Harmonic Generation from Poled Phenyl-Substituted Dithienylethene Thin Films and EFISH Measurements
D. Marinotto, R. Castagna, S. Righetto, C. Dragonetti, A. Colombo, C. Bertarelli, M. Garbugli, and G. Lanzani, J. Phys. Chem. C, 115, 20425-20432 (2011)
- Optical Modulation of Amplified Emission in a Polyfluorene-Diarylethene Blend
S. Perissinotto, M. Garbugli, D. Fazzi, C. Bertarelli, M.Carvelli, A.R. Srimath Kandada, Z. Yue,
K.S. Wong, G. Lanzani, ChemPhysChem, 12, 18, 3619-3623, (2011)
- Photochromic Electret: a new tool for light harvesting
R. Castagna, M.Garbugli, A. Bianco, S. Perissinotto, G. Pariani, C. Bertarelli, G. Lanzani, Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters, 3, 1, 51-57 (2012)
- Light energy harvesting with nano-dipoles
M. Garbugli, M.Porro, V.Roiati, A.Rizzo, G.Gigli, A.Petrozza, G.Lanzani, Nanoscale, 4, 5, 1728-1733 (2012)