14) M.J. Morelli, C.F. Wright, N.J. Knowles, D.J. Paton, D.P. King, D.T. Haydon: “Evolution of foot-and-mouth disease virus intra-sample sequence diversity during serial transmission in bovine hosts”, Veterinary Research, 44, 1 (2013).
13) M.J. Morelli, G. Thebaud, D.P. King, J. Chadoeuf, D.T. Haydon, S. Soubeyrand: “A Bayesian framework to reconstruct transmission trees using genetic and epidemiological data”, PLoS Computational Biology 8 (11) e1002768 (2012).
12) F. Martinez, G. Lafforgue, M.J. Morelli, N.H. Chua, J. Daros, S.F. Elena, Population Dynamics of Virus Escape Mutant in RNAi-mediated Resistant Plants at 10-5 Resolution, Molecular Biology and Evolution, 29, 3297-3307 (2012)
11) M.J. Morelli, R.J. Allen. P.R. ten Wolde: “Effects of macromolecular crowding on genetic switches”, Biophysical Journal, 101, 2882-2891 (2011)
10) M.J. Morelli, C.F. Wright, N.J. Knowles, G. Thebaud, P. Herzyk, D. J. Paton, D.T. Haydon, D.P. King: “Beyond the consensus: dissecting within-host viral population diversity of foot-and-mouth disease virus using next-generation genome sequencing”, Journal of Virology, 85, 2266-2275 (2011).
9) G. Thebaud, J. Chadoeuf, M.J. Morelli, J.W. McCauley, and D.T. Haydon: “The relationship between mutation frequency and replication strategy in positive-sense single-stranded RNA viruses”, Proceedings of the Royal Society B-Biological Sciences 277, 1682, 809-817 (2010).
8) M.J. Morelli, P.R. ten Wolde, R.J. Allen: “Modeling the bacteriophage lambda switch: DNA looping causes stability and robustness”, Proceedings of the National Academy of Science USA, 20, 8101-8106 (2009).
7) M.J. Morelli, P.R. ten Wolde: “Reaction Brownian dynamics and the effect of spatial fluctuations on the gain of a push-pull network”, Journal of Chemical Physics, 129, 054112 (2008).
6) M.J. Morelli, R.J. Allen, S. Tanase-Nicola, P.R. ten Wolde, "Eliminating fast reactions in stochastic simulations of biochemical networks: a bistable genetic switch", Journal of Chemical Physics, 128, 045105 (2008).
5)M.J. Morelli, R.J. Allen, S. Tanase-Nicola, P.R. ten Wolde, "Reaction coordinates for the flipping of genetic switches", Biophysical Journal, 94, 3413 (2008).
4)C. Valeriani, M.J. Morelli, R.J. Allen, P.R. ten Wolde, D. Frenkel: “Computing stationary distributions in equilibrium and nonequilibrium systems with Forward Flux Sampling”, Journal of Chemical Physics, 127, 114109 (2007). Selected for the Virtual Journal of Biological Physics Research, 14, Oct 1st 2007
3)J.S. van Zon, M.J Morelli, P.R. ten Wolde, "Diffusion of transcription factors enhances the noise in gene expression", Biophysical Journal, 91, 4350 (2006).
2)M.J. Morelli, G. Montagna, O. Nicrosini, M. Treccani, M. Farina, P. Amato, "Pricing financial derivatives with neural networks", Physica A, 338, 160 (2004).
1)G. Montagna, M.J. Morelli, O. Nicrosini, P. Amato, M. Farina: "Pricing financial derivatives by path integral and neural networks", Physica A, 324, 189 (2003).
Co-investigator on the BBSRC grant proposal “Beyond the consensus: defining the significance of FMDV viral sequence diversity”, awarded in October 2011
Winner of the British Society of Animal Science Travel grant, January 2010
Winner of 3 High Performance Computing Europa grants for a total of 13 week stay at the University of Edinburgh, UK: August-September 2006, December 2006-February 2007 and January-March 2008.
Winner of the Golden Overhead Projector - First Prize for the best talk - Complex Systems Summerschool, Dwingeloo, The Netherlands, September, 16-19, 2004.
3 times winner of the IUSS award for being among the 5 best students in the IUSS scientific class: 1999-2000-2001
1997-2001: Member of the Almo Collegio Borromeo: center of excellence in the University of Pavia. Students are selected with an entrance exam and must score an average grade of 27/30 every year