The Rehab Technologies Lab at IIT is looking for 2 enthusiastic and outstanding full-time Software Engineers (fixed term contract) with proven experience in embedded programming (C and C++) to join our multidisciplinary international research group. The responsibilities of the candidate will include: analysis, design, development and testing of software libraries for the control of real-time robotic devices.
Rehab Technologies IIT-INAIL Lab (http://rehab.iit.it/) is a laboratory specialized in the realisation of new high-tech prosthetic, orthotic and rehabilitation devices designed to meet the requirements of people with physical disabilities in terms of autonomy and reintegration.
The selected candidates will have an active role in the development and in the enhancement of the robotic solutions developed so far that include a poly-articulated hand prosthesis (Hannes) and a motorized exoskeleton for the walking of paraplegic subjects (Twin) among several other projects.
- Strong coding, analytical and problem solving skills.
- An excellent Master's Degree in computer science or engineering-related areas.
- From entry level up to 5 years of proven extensive programming experience.
- Proven development experience using C and/or C++ using an OOP approach.
- Good knowledge of the Linux environment.
- Knowledge of version control software (SVN or GIT).
- Good communication skills.
- Solid knowledge of English.
Proven experience in one or more of the following areas is considered as a plus:
- Control of electromechanical systems and/or sensor fusion algorithms.
- Android development knowledge and experience with Android studio.
- Multi-thread programming, inter-process communication and related issues.
- Embedded programming for signal conditioning and control system development.
- Previous experience of software development using Agile / SCRUM methodologies.
A competitive salary, dependent on experience, will be offered.
Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia (IIT), with its headquarters in Genova, Italy, is a non-profit institution with the primary goal of creating and disseminating scientific knowledge and strengthening Italy’s technological competitiveness. The institute offers state-of-the-art equipment and a top-level interdisciplinary research environment focused on robotics and computer vision, neuroscience, drug discovery, nanoscience and technology.
Please note that the data that you provide will be used exclusively for the purpose of professional profiles’ evaluation and selection, and in order to meet the requirements of Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia.
Your data will be processed by Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia, based in Genoa, Via Morego 30, acting as Data Controller, in compliance with the rules on protection of personal data, including those related to data security.
Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia is an Equal Opportunity Employer that actively seeks diversity in the workforce.