The Center for Translational Neurophysiology of Speech and Communication (CTNSC) @ Italian Institute of Technology (IIT), is opening 4 PhD positions for the Academic Year 2020-2021.
- Improving performance and biocompatibility of electrode arrays for brain-computer interfaces
- Organic neuroelectronics for multimodal recordings and stimulation of the brain in vivo
- Investigation of sensorimotor functions in animal models
- Machine learning applications to multimodal brain and speech signals
- Human neurophysiology of speech and sensorimotor communication
- Cortical recordings in human patients during awake Neurosurgery
- Hardware and software development for innovative exploration of brain signals
Who: chemists, physicists, materials scientists, computer scientists, biomedical/electrical engineers, biologists, biotechnologist, medical doctors and experimental psychologists eager to work in an international and multidisciplinary team.
Where: The CTNSC (https://www.iit.it/centers/ctnsc-unife) is hosted by the University of Ferrara (UNIFE) in a prestigious historical building in the city center. UNIFE is one of the oldest Universities (founded in 1391) and one of the excellence Universities in Italy nowadays for research.
Ferrara is well connected by train and freeway (30-min to Bologna, 40-min to Padua, 60-min to Venice and their airports), bustling with students as it is an affordable University city (https://whc.unesco.org/en/list/733).
In order to apply it is mandatory to follow the procedures of the call published by the Univeristà di Ferrara:
Application INFO: http://www.unife.it/studenti/dottorato/concorsi/selection
DEADLINE: 24 July 2020
Luciano Fadiga (CTNSC Director): email@example.com
Thierry Pozzo: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fabio Biscarini: email@example.com
Michele Bianchi: firstname.lastname@example.org
Antonino Casile: email@example.com
David Papo: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alessandro D’Ausilio: email@example.com