The computational facility develops simulation models for the various research themes in the Nanostructure group and uses four numerical and one analytical software. Each package focuses on specific aspects, for example CST numerical tool is used for 3D vectorial calculation of electromagnetic fields, whereas Comsol helps when multi physics aspects are involved.
As shown by the flow-chart, the main research themes faced at Computational Facility are:
- Plasmonic adiabatic devices;
- Plasmonic fibers;
- Plasmonic gratings;
- 2D & 3D Photonic crystals;
These topics are analyzed both from a fundamental and an applicative point of view.
Possible applications are:
- Plasmonic fibers with ultra-long signal propagation;
- Tip Enhanced Raman Spectroscopy with ultra-high signal field;
- Quasicrystal cavities with enhanced Q-factor;
- Photonic crystals for radial mode generation.