PHD Courses at the Università del Salento
The Università del Salento has published a call for applications to the next PhD courses. The official call's text is available from the University's website at the following link: Bando di ammissione al 31° ciclo dei corsi di dottorato di ricerca. Please refer to the University website for the official procedure.
The Center for Biomolecular Nanotechnologies (CBN) of the IIT (cbn.iit.it) is financing 8 positions at the following courses:
- Fisica e Nanoscienze (Physics and Nanoscience) - 1 position. Deadline August 3rd 2015.
Candidates are invited to read the two proposed research themes
- Development of kinetic energy functionals for nanoscience [...]
- Quantum mechanics under strong spatial electronic confinement [...]
- Scienze e Tecnologie Biologiche ed Ambientali (Biological and Environmental Science & Technology) - 1 position. Deadline August 3rd 2015
- Ingegneria dei Materiali e delle strutture e nanotecnologie - 6 positions. TO BE ANNOUNCED
PhD Courses at the University of Genoa
The Università di Genova has published a call for applications to the next PhD course, organized with the IIT and starting November 2015.
July, 10: PROVISIONAL RANKING FOR THE DOCTORATE IN SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY OF CHEMISTRY AND MATERIALS, CURRICULUM: NANOCHEMISTRY, XXXI CYCLE
June, 30: this call is closed, applications are evaluated; please refer to the University of Genova's website for further updates.
June, 10: last day for application!
May, 27: The Bioengineering and Robotics department of the University (Dipartimento di Informatica, Bioingegneria, Robotica e Ingegneria dei Sistemi - DIBRIS) has prepared a page with a list of general suggestions, explanations, tips, detailed info on the call and how to apply that can be very helpful. The page is in english and can be reached via this link.
The official call text is available from the University's website at the following links:
- Italian: official page
- English translation: Official english translation
- Chinese translation: Official chinese translation - 第三十一届博士研究生课程招生简章
The following links contain the list of PhD themes divided by courses and curricula:
BIOENGINEERING AND ROBOTICS
- Curriculum Advanced and Humanoid Robotics (new theme)
- Curriculum Bioengineering and Bioelectronics
- Curriculum BionanotechnologiesCurriculum Bionanotechnologies
- Curriculum Cognitive robotics, interaction and rehabilitation technologies
- Curriculum Neuroscienze e Neurotecnologie (Neuroscience and neurotechnologies)
SCIENZE E TECNOLOGIE DELLA CHIMICA E DEI MATERIALI (SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGIES OF MATERIALS AND CHEMISTRY)
SCIENZE E TECNOLOGIE PER L'INGEGNERIA ELETTRONICA E DELLE TELECOMUNICAZIONI (SCIENCE TECHNOLOGIES FOR ELECTRONICS TELECOMMUNICATION)
- Curriculum Visione computazionale, riconoscimento e apprendimento automatico (Computer Vision, Recognition and Machine Learning)
3 PhD positions at the Center for Neuroscience and Cognitive Systems - CNCS@UNITN, Rovereto (TN)
June, 30 update: this call is closed, applications are evaluated; please refer to the University of Trento website for further updates.
We would like to inform you that the call for the PhD positions for Doctoral Courses in Cognitive and Brain Sciences - 31st cycle, activated in agreement with the University of Trento has been published.
Deadline for application is Thursday 4th June 2015, 04.00 p.m. (Italian time).
For more information and application, visit the University website at http://www.unitn.it/en/ateneo/1942/announcement-of-selection
Information about topic specific scholarships are available at the webpage: http://web.unitn.it/en/drcimec/topic-specific-grants
The IIT scholarships are the following:
- Computational approaches to study information processing in the brain (S. Panzeri)
- Inception and development of brain functional connectivity in newborns (A. Bifone)
- Visual perception and attention (L. Battelli)