Here is a selection of Nanophysics outreach activities
- Nanoscale Biophysics Subgroup, permanently inserted in the Program of the Biophysical Society Meeting since 2011. Founder: Alberto Diaspro.
- National Congress of Biomaterials, Genova (2010). Nanophysics IIT member: Alberto Barone (organizing committee).
- Program committee memberships since 2009: SPIE Conferences Photonics West and Europe; MAF (Methods and Applications of Fluorescence); IEEE Photonics; IEEE EMBS; OWLS (Optics Within Life Sciences); FOM (Focus on Microscopy).
- School of Fluorescence, IIT, July 2009 (among lecturers the Nobel Prize 2008 Martin Chalfie and the MPI Director, Stefan Hell). School Director: Alberto Diaspro.
- CLXXVII Course of the School of Physics “Enrico Fermi” on Optical Nanoscopy, Varenna, Italy, (2010). Director: Alberto Diaspro.
- IIT-Nikon School on Advanced Practical Confocal and Multiphoton microscopy (2010 and 2011). Director: Alberto Diaspro.
- IIT Nanophysics retreat: Ca’ d’Alice, Orco Feglino, Savona (2010); Due Mari, Sestri Levante, Genova (2011).
- Contemporary Art Exhibition: “Changing perspectives - There’s plenty of room at the bottom”, 21/10/2011 – 21/11/2011, Genova Port Center, Genova. Artist: Maria Rebecca Ballestra. Science advisor: Alberto Diaspro.