Gabriele Galateri di Genola
Gabriele Galateri di Genola was born in Rome on January 11th, 1947. Married with one daughter, he has been awarded the Cavaliere del Lavoro honor.
- Mr. Galateri di Genola was appointed Chairman of Assicurazioni Generali on 8th April 2011.
- After earning his MBA at the Columbia University Business School, Mr. Galateri di Genola began his career in 1971 at the Headquarters of the Banco di Roma, where he started as Head of the Financial Analysis Office before being appointed to manage the International Loans Office.
- From 1974 to 1976 he worked as Financial Director of the Saint Gobain Group in Italy and then in Paris.
- In 1977, he joined FIAT S.p.A., where he moved from Head of North, Central and South American Operations at the International Finance Office to Head of International Finance and, ultimately, Director of Finance.
- Mr. Galateri di Genola became CEO of Ifil S.p.A in 1986. In 1993, he took on the positions of
- CEO and General Manager of IFI, which he retained until 2002.
- In June 2002, he was appointed CEO of FIAT SpA.
- Between April 2003 and June 2007, Mr. Galateri di Genola was Chairman of Mediobanca S.p.A and from 3rd December 2007 to 12th April 2011 he was Chairman of the Board of Telecom Italia SpA, where he still sits as a Member.
- He is Chairman of TIM Brasil Serviços e Participações S.A and a non-executive Board Member TIM Participações S.A, Banca CRS S.p.A., Banca CARIGE, Italmobiliare S.p.A., Azimut-Benetti S.p.A, SAIPEM SpA, Lavazza SpA, Accademia Nazionale di Santa Cecilia – Foundation, Giorgio Cini Foundation and Edenred S.A.
- International Advisory Board of Columbia Business School.